Legal Administrative Assistant
Palmer IP is an intellectual property firm practicing in Vancouver, BC. Our team consists of US and Canadian intellectual property professionals working for innovators around the world, including many universities and corporate clients. We provide services of acquisition, protection, commercial exploitation, and the enforcement of intellectual property.
Palmer IP prosecutes hundreds of patent and trademark applications every year in North America, and through a network of associates, internationally. Our mission is to provide high quality, creative and practical intellectual property services. We strategize, encourage innovation and cultivate relationships while offering non-traditional pricing alternatives to assist our individual, corporate and educational sector clients to acquire, protect, exploit and enforce their strategic IP assets.
We are currently seeking a legal administrative assistant to join our team.
Our paraprofessionals are critical to our success. They play a vital role in assisting our clients in the development of their intellectual property portfolios. They support our professionals in their efforts to communicate with clients and protect their innovations. The ideal candidate should be a team player who enjoys a challenging intellectual environment. The ideal candidate must also be able to work independently and in a team to assist with the smooth operation of the office. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills are required. Experience in trademarks and patents are an asset, but not required.
Employee well-being is important to us. We strive to ensure that our employees are engaged and empowered. We understand that everyone has commitments outside of work, and offer our employees a great work/life balance.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your resume and cover letter, in PDF, to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest. Candidates will be contacted only if they are selected for an interview.
We are seeking a full time bookkeeper/administrator to join our team. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitoring ledger transactions and maintaining the accounting records.
• Preparing various financial data for monthly and quarterly reports.
• Maintaining records for budgets and expenditures.
• Posting payroll data and preparing reports and/or payments to government agencies.
• File management
• Data processing
• Providing administration relief.
Compensation: competitive and based on experience.
The ideal candidate should be a team player who enjoys a challenging intellectual environment. Other desirable attributes include:
• Two years accounting experience in a law office.
• Experience with trust accounts.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of Simply Accounting required.
• Multi currency and international transaction experience an asset.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.